Hard day at work? Long day at school? Busy day getting the house in order?
Don’t worry about it. Come in. Take your shoes off. Sit down and make yourself at home. Cream Puff’s house is your house.
Here’s a cool glass of crisp Prosecco. And right here, in front of you, is a lovely dish of Green Olives with Lemon Oil, Fennel and Garlic. Don’t be shy … go ahead and try one … I insist!
After all, you’ve had a hard day at work. A long day at school. A busy day at home.
Go ahead. You deserve it!
Green Olives with Lemon, Fennel and Garlic
Adapted from Lemon Zest by Lori Longbotham.
- 2 cups cracked green Mediterranean olives
- 6 thin lemon slices, seeded
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed with the side of a knife
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Oil (click here for the recipe)
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Refrigerate (covered or in a container with a lid) for at least 1 day.
- Serve at room temperature.
Note: This will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. The original recipe used coriander seeds but I’m not a huge fan so I used fennel.