Viva i Campioni del Mondo!
Pasta with Pesto, Cherry Tomatoes and Bocconcini
Treasured family recipe.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced in half
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup parmesan, freshly grated
- 3/4 to 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- strozzapreti or pasta of your choice (enough for 4 people)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup bocconcini, diced
- Set a pot of water to boil. Once the water has come to a boil, cook your pasta according to package directions.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the basil leaves, garlic cloves, walnut pieces, salt, pepper and parmesan. Process until combined and the basil leaves and walnut pieces have been chopped up finely.
- With the machine running, through the feed tube of the blender or processor, slowly add the olive oil. Add enough so that the mixture becomes creamy and cohesive. It should not be liquidy.
- Pour the pesto in a large pan. As soon as the pasta is cooked, add it to the pan with the pesto. Over low heat, mix your pasta until it is completely coated with pesto. Add the tomatoes and bocconcini and mix well. Serve immediately.