When hunger strikes, strike back with a panino filled with pesto, arugula, artichoke, Prosciutto di Parma and Asiago cheese.
May the panini force be with you!
Pesto, Artichoke, Prosciutto and Asiago Panini
Inspired by Simple Italian Sandwiches.
- 2 ciabatta buns, halved
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto (click here for a basil pesto recipe)
- a handful of cleaned arugula leaves
- small jar of artichokes packed in oil or water (be sure to drain the artichokes very well)
- 6 slices of Prosciutto di Parma
- 4 slices Asiago cheese
- olive oil (to brush the top and bottom of the ciabatta buns before putting them on the panini press
- Heat your panini press.
- Spread the pesto over the bottom halves of the ciabatta buns.
- Divide the arugula evenly between the two ciabatta buns and layer the arugula over the pesto.
- Drain your artichokes well and divide them between the two panini. Layer the artichokes over the arugula.
- Divide the prosciutto between the two panini and layer it on the artichokes.
- Divide the Asiago between the two panini and layer it over the prosciutto.
- Cover the panini with the other half of the ciabatta buns.
- Brush the top and bottom of the buns lightly with olive oil. Place the panini in the press and grill on each side for 4 to 5 minutes, being careful not to burn the bread.
- Serve immediately.